Carousel’s Press specializes in hand-printed fine art textiles. The goal of our shop is to involve you in each stage of the production process - from sourcing your apparel, to artwork prep, to size, placement and color approval - giving you the tools to make informed design decisions; resulting in a product that sticks to your budget while exceeding your vision.
To receive an accurate quote please fill out the form below and be sure to include a picture of your design!
Before placing your order, please read our terms and conditions.
Get creative with your prints! We can incorporate the below techniques, applications, and inks into your job:
- Plastisol is the most common ink used in screen printing, and is considered to be the industry standard. It has an oil base and a high viscosity which provides great coverage, as well as extremely accurate color matching capabilities. The hand feel of plastisol is textured and can be thicker and less breathable to some.
- Plastisol has the widest range of compatibility when it comes to printing on garments. It works on any color material, light and dark. And it is great for poly-cotton blends, and garments where the material compositions may not be known, such as thrifted pieces.
- Plastisol can be used with any specialty ink additives and processes. See the full list below:
- Water-based ink is… water-based, which allows for a print that seeps into the fabric rather than sitting on top of it, which creates a softer hand feel. The outcome of a water-based print is matte and flat on the garment.
- When printing with water-based ink we must ensure that the garment is entirely or almost entirely cotton based. This is because water-based ink cures under extremely high temperatures that would melt or distort certain materials.
- Water-based ink is limited in the additives and specialty processes that can be used:
- Water-based ink is a semi eco-friendly ink option.
- Discharge ink is a process that bleaches the material it is printed on and replaces that space with your chosen color. With this, the feel of the print is entirely smooth. The printed result is similar to that of water-based ink but once washed, it's super smooth to the touch.
- Because discharge ink works by bleaching the garment, this option can only work on dark/black garments.
- Discharge ink cannot be used with any specialty ink additives.
- Discharge ink is semi eco-friendly.
- We screen print with professional garment dye to create a print that binds to the very fibers of the garment resulting in absolutely no hand-feel but packed with color vibrancy.
- The transparent goop-like "ink" uses seaweed as a base then we mix in pigment fabric dye in to achieve any color.
- Because dye ink is transparent, this option is only recommend for lighter colored garments, where the concentrated pigments can really adhere and stand out on the piece.
- Dye ink cannot be used with any specialty ink additives.
- Dye ink is a very eco-friendly ink option, and is 100% biodegradable.
*Note that this process is much like traditional garment dyeing so results may vary. Please expect a longer turnaround time so we can sample the color and wash fastness before proceeding with final print run.